This week’s question is “How can you ‘take a stand,’ today?”
So, let’s start by defining, ‘take a stand…’
take a stand
1. To publicly express an opinion or declare a course of action, after careful consideration.
If you take a stand, it is important that you stand firmly in your decision. In other words, it is important that you believe in your opinion, or course of action and allow others to disagree with it.
Ex: “I decided to quit my job before I found another one, and I’m o.k. with it.”
Ex: “I decided to report my employer to OSHA even though I liked my boss.”
Let’s continue by defining ‘resolute…’
1. 100% accepting of your opinion, decision, or belief.
Ex: “I’m o.k with my choice.”
How can you ‘take a stand,’ today?
- Honor your decision…be at peace.
- Allow others to have opinions…while standing firm in your decision, or statement.
*Be respectful…even if it’s difficult.
Sometimes it’s better to stay silent, once you’ve made a declaration, or simply say, “I believe in my decision…I can’t foretell the future, but I’ve weighed the pros and cons and I believe in it.”
- See this post: How can you move forward, today?
- Surround yourself with people who support you.
- Surround yourself with people who believe in you.
- Surround yourself with people who listen to you.
- Surround yourself with people who trust you.
- Journal, every night, about your decision and list why it was the best one for you! This will reaffirm your belief and make it easier to ‘take a stand.’
- Research other people who’ve’ taken a stand…’
*Discover how they’ve done it!
- Be steadfast!
Just keep breathing…
Ask yourself, “How can I take a stand, today?”
Then live from the question and see what unfolds…
Click here: Be Assertive: How to Stand-Up for Yourself
Ways to ‘Take a Stand’
Click here: Ways to Take a Stand