This week’s question is “How can you emotionally support yourself, today?”
So, let’s start by defining, ’emotional support… ‘
1. Understanding, accepting, listening, encouraging, and reassuring someone.
Ex: She emotionally supported herself by exercising, meditating, and communicating her issue.
Ex: He said, calmly and with compassion, “Can you ask me ~ how I’m doing, rather than ~ what I’m doing?”
Emotional support is showing an interest someone’s life. Often, we are too busy to connect with each other, so let’s make time and connect!
Click here: The Invisible Power…
How can you emotionally support yourself, today?
- Identify your emotional needs…
- Ask yourself, 3 TIMES A DAY. “How do I feel?” And feel it!
See this post: How do you feel, today?
- Address your needs…
- Make requests of others in your life…
- Ask yourself, “What do I really, really want right now?”
*Perhaps you’d like to indulge yourself in something good! Go ahead!
*As long as you’re acting in your best and highest interests.
- Take a hot shower…
- Find a peaceful place, and simply sit.
- Find a group of people with similar interests and engage…
- Forgive yourself…and others.
*Allow yourself to understand why you, or they did something…
- Light a candle…
- Play some theta-wave healing music…
*Any meditation from Kelly Howell is great!
Click here: Meditation
- Do whatever you want!
*As long as you’re not hurting yourself or anyone else… 🙂
- Can you answer questions clearly and directly?
- Can you be straight with people?
- Can you tell the truth, the whole truth…?
- Can you deliver unpleasant news calmly and effectively?
It’s always a work in progress…
Click here: Tiny Wisdom: On Helping Yourself
Ask yourself, “How can I emotionally support myself, today?
Then live from the question and see what unfolds…
Ask yourself, “How can I emotionally support someone else?”
If you’re ready…
Do these questions resonate?
- Do you know ~ what you want?
- Is something standing in the way of you and being comfortable, for instance?
What is it?
- Is there something that you need to acknowledge before you can move forward? What is it? What do you need?