So, let’s start by defining, ‘embrace the ordinary…’
embrace the ordinary
1. To hold close, accept, breathe in…the commonplace.
Let’s continue by defining ‘grateful…’
1. Thankful with a genuine smile.
How can you embrace the ordinary, today?
- Notice color, texture, light and shadow…
- Notice shape and form…
- Notice a smile.
- Notice fire and water…lakes, streams, and sunsets.
- Sit by a river.
- Appreciate a deep, cleansing breath, a movement.
- Engage in conversation.
- Do something you love and really enjoy it!
- Look around, “there’s always something going on…”
Ask yourself, “How can I embrace the ordinary, today?”
Then live from the question and see what unfolds…
Click here: Embrace the Ordinary
Tip: Schedule your day and keep your word.
It’s amazing what happens when you stop arguing with yourself!
Click here: The Gratitude Challenge
If you’re feeling ungrateful…
- If you’re feeling ungrateful for housing, live in a tent for a week! Make sure you’re safe!
- If you’re feeling ungrateful for cars or public transportation, for instance, walk everywhere for a week!
- If you’re feeling ungrateful for food, do a liquid fast for three days!
Consult a doctor, first!
- If you’re feeling ungrateful for money, stop spending money for an entire week or month! Buy only necessary things!
- If you’re feeling ungrateful for a friend, be alone for a week!
If you’re feeling ungrateful for something, or someone, create a scenario where – when it’s over, you’ll feel grateful.
Be grateful and watch as great things happen!
Congratulations to my sister, Suzanne De Foe, who is running in the New York Marathon, today! Sunday, November 2, 2014. You made it!
The ordinary is… everything you see and do everyday, so embrace and experience it fully!
Archive of Classes, Meditations, Articles, Books, Videos and General Information on The Yoga Book & The Yoga Book Blog. Click here: Archive
Free Yoga Classes!
About The Yoga Book
The Yoga Book is a personal yoga diary! It is a book for your thoughts and experiences, after a yoga class. Often creative ideas, solutions to problems and powerful insights are revealed to you – write them down! Do you have a creative idea? Write it down! Do you have a favorite posture? Sketch it! Do you have a favorite class or instructor? Take notes! Use it to determine your favorite style of yoga or enhance your practice. The Yoga Book is also perfect for teacher trainings and yoga workshops! Every page has an inspirational quote, space for the date, style of yoga, and instructor’s name. It also has a glossary of classic yogas. Enjoy!
“The idea for The Yoga Book came to me in a yoga class! I saw it clearly in my mind and I needed somewhere to write it down. Also, I had recently met with an Indian medical doctor, who had said “Different styles of yoga effect people differently, so it is important to know which ‘style of yoga’ is right for you.” So, I decided to create a book, where people could journal about their experiences in a yoga class, write about the different postures – how they felt, get inspired, and write about their insights… Sometimes I would come to class with a problem, any problem, and leave with a solution! And when I did, I’d write it down somewhere, so I decided to create The Yoga Book.”
– Creator of The Yoga Book
The Yoga Book is also available wholesale!
Click here: Order The Yoga Book Wholesale
If you’re a yoga studio, specialty shop, yoga instructor, health food store, or general retailer and you want ‘The Yoga Book’ to sell in your store or class, create an account with Ingram…
You may need… The Yoga Book ‘International Standard Book Number’
The Yoga Book on Amazon!