Daily Affirmation: I trust and love myself.
“The greatest thing in the world is to know how… to belong to oneself.” – Michel de Montaigne, The Complete Essays
This week’s question is “How can you accept it, today?”
So, let’s start by defining ‘accept…’
1. To recognize something as true or valid.
Ex: She accepted that he didn’t listen, or seemingly care and decided to take a deep breath, smile and care about it, herself, anyway.
Now, what is “it?”
“It” might be…
- Sometimes people check out…
- Sometimes people are insincere.
- Sometimes you feel alone.
- Conversations with this person leave me feeling dead inside.
Solution: Breathe it in, breathe it out, be sad, forgive them, forgive the universe, send light to the person – perhaps the person will heal, perhaps the person will never heal; focus on yourself…
- She’s addicted to crisis and if their isn’t one, she’s left feeling dead inside.
- He or she doesn’t want to be with you.
- You are powerless against alcohol, nicotine, or gambling…
- You have kids.
- You don’t have kids!
- You’re unhappy in cold weather! 🙂
Or “it” might be..
- Sometimes you want to do something different!
- Sometimes you want to do something fun!
- Sometimes you need to do yoga..
- Sometimes you need to do cardio…
- Sometimes you need to meditate.
Whatever it might be, define it! Accept it! Make it work!
Ask yourself, “What good can come out of it?”
Ask yourself, “What is it teaching me?”
Ask yourself, “How can I accept it, today?”
Then, live from the question and see what unfolds…
What GREATNESS can come out of it?
Accept the quirks, beliefs, likes and dislikes…
You’ll never know why they exist, really, anyway.
What can you do to make it work, right now?
Talk about it…
Make different choices, do different things…
Simply say, “I accept it.”
Check out this blog post:
Click here: How do you accept something difficult to accept?